Monday, November 2, 2009

Seductive Accents

So on the weekend I was at a party, a Halloween party, and I ended up becoming a little more than friendly with a rather attractive young man from Norway. (To clarify, we just kissed!)

My question to all you bloggers out there is,
What is it about accents that send girls crazy?

He had an accent and as soon as he introduced himself to me, I was determined to make a move.
Whether is be English, Irish, South African, American (see below) or Italian, the effect leaves many a girl swooning. I know I'm a sucker for a foreign accent and so are most of my girlfriends.

Many peope have said that in recent times that Australia is becoming too "American", with our T.V. screens and radios full of American produced entertainment. One would comfortable assume then, that we would be more immune to the lure of an American accent if we are hearing it constantly. I say that this is not the case.
Girls, if you ran into an American guy at a party I have no doubts that you would do your absolute best to fight off the other girls and talk to him, especially if he's cute.
One of my friends is American and after months of knowing her, I still find myself fascinated by her accent.

I'm wondering how I'll cope when one of Helsinki's friends comes over from England next year. No doubt it will take me some time to adjust and stop staring dreamily!

xx. Cedric

ps. My Norwegian friend left the party without saying goodbye! =(

No comments:

Post a Comment